General disclosure type stuff
- Sharon and Alex is a blog detailing the adventures and (sometimes misadventures) of a mother and daughter in their journey to find…well, we haven’t figured that out yet but we’ll let you know when we do. Content may include descriptions of DIY projects, recipes, crafts or general topic posts. All opinions expressed herein are our own. We are not experts and cannot be held responsible for the outcome of any project you undertake. The key to the success of any project is research, research and more research. Did I mention research? Please thoroughly read the instructions and safety precautions provided to you by manufacturers of equipment and other products you obtain. Safety first, kids, K? We will try to respond to all comments and questions but again, we’re not experts, so it’s just our opinion.
- Speaking of comments, we reserve the right to remove any comment that we deem offensive or unrelated to the subject matter. If you’re a repeat offender you will be blocked from the site. You have been warned (insert stern “cripes, that reminds me of my mean third-grade teacher Mrs. Wolosky” face here).
- All images on this site, unless otherwise credited to the original source, are the property of Sharon and Alex. If you use any images or text from the site be a pal and give credit where credit is due and link back. Please be respectful and limit yourself to one or two; any more than that is prohibited. My photography skills definitely provide a “coaching opportunity” to coin a popular HR phrase so if you do find something you like enough to borrow, you may just become my new best friend. Just sayin.
- This blog is for profit. The sidebar or content may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Purchasing something via an affiliate link DOES NOT mean any additional charges to you or that the product will cost you extra. It only means that we will receive a small percentage as a commission. Links will be clearly indicated as such or a disclosure will appear within the text of the post.
- In addition to Amazon Affiliates, we are members of several other affiliate programs. There could be times when I forget to mention that a link is an affiliate link. It happens, especially if I’m in the zone writing and working to bring you great content. It’s safe to assume that any external link I provide is an affiliate link. I only earn a small commission if you make a purchase after you click my referral link. I do not receive free products, money or anything else from anyone in return for placing links on my site.
- If I provide a link then it means I have either personally purchased it or I would be willing to purchase it (or let’s be honest, it’s probably already on a list somewhere waiting for me to “Add to Cart”, which are 3 of my favorite words).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Sadly, not of the chocolate chip variety. I mean, if I offered you a chocolate chip cookie, you’d be back everyday, am I right? For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit https://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) opt-out page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected].
We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read through this snoozefest. Now go get a cookie!