Hey there! It’s time for That Friday Feeling!
I’m enjoying a much-needed day off today and I’m looking forward to a nice, long weekend thanks to President’s Day on Monday. I don’t really have anything planned and I like it that way! I love those days when you can let the day take you where it will. Maybe I’ll run by the ReStore later and see if inspiration strikes for any of my upcoming projects. And then again, I might curl up with a good book under a blanket.
It’s been a busy few weeks so no matter what I end up doing will be a break from the craziness. One thing I’ve been doing is taking some courses through Udemy. I spent way too much time trying to get this site set up like I wanted. I know just enough web development stuff to be dangerous so I thought it would be a good idea to learn some more. I’m learning a lot about both the technical and business aspects of web development and I love it! The corporate grind is starting to be a real drag. Web design as a side gig is starting to sound like a pretty good idea.
Now on to the good stuff!
1. I’ve heard so much lately about the sage green trend. It suddenly seems to be everywhere, from paint color to dinnerware. This is one trend I can get behind because I LOVE the calming feeling that this color can provide. The upstairs bonus room (which is really just a 4th bedroom that’s not being used) is similarly painted now. It’s time for an update and I’m really considering Thornton Sage from Benjamin Moore. If paint color isn’t your thing, Ikea has this cool dinnerware set that would look great with a casual tablescape.
2. Speaking of bonus rooms, have a gander at the best ones from Fixer Upper over at HGTV.com.
3. I’m totally digging this hanging pot from Crate & Barrel. Like totally. 😍😘
4. If you’ve been considering purchasing an air fryer for their seemingly mystical abilities to make fried food not as bad for you, consider no more! Amazon’s best air fryer is 50% off right now!! Say whaaaa? 🙀
5. If you’re suffering from Olympic overload, well, these cookies won’t help much with that. But they are so cute!!! 🍪 via Moonfrye.
6. Aislynn made this for me for Valentine’s Day. This is one piece of art that I’ll treasure forever. 💖
7. I’ve been trying to find houseplants that I won’t kill but it’s proven to be a challenge. I either overwater or forget to water. There’s no middle ground with me! This is a Croton. It was only $5 so at least I’m not out a lot if I kill it. But look how pretty the colors on the leaves are. I’m hoping I can get this one to stick around awhile.
I know it’s only the middle of February but I already feel like I’m falling behind in garden planning. Next week, I’m going to show you the things you need to be doing right now in order to be ready for spring planting season.
Enjoy your weekend! I hope you find time for some fun and adventure during this long weekend.
This post contains affiliate links.