This post and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Hey there, friends! ? We’re starting a new feature on the blog today called That Friday Feeling. We’re jumping on the bandwagon along with a lot of other bloggers who post what they’re digging every Friday. We’ll be posting a fave recipe, craft, DIY project, inspiration, and/or a cool idea just in time for the weekend! I’m sure we’ll be experimenting with the format but that’s a general idea of what to expect. Woohoo! Friday par-tay! ?
I’m not sure about you but I am soooo glad it’s Friday! I had a long week of meetings at work which required me to be in the office. Boy, that was rough! But the meetings went great and we really accomplished a lot. In the corporate world that’s rare so I’ll enjoy it while I can!
And can you believe it’s February already??? It sounds like old Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning so it’s six more weeks of winter. Booooo. On the other hand, I’m not really ready to start thinking about the garden and what I should be doing right now. ?
There’s still plenty to look forward to in February, like Valentine’s Day and finally starting the gardening planning! February is also the perfect time to get in the kitchen and cook up some food!
Here’s a round-up of some of our favorite finds this week!
- Copper seems to be trending for decor this year. I love these very cool copper standing planters from West Elm.
2. It’s a balmy 12 degrees here today. Do I pick the best days to take off or what? Alex is coming over later and I’m going to try out a new soup recipe on her. Nothing goes better with soup than some freshly baked bread! Here’s an easy recipe for Italian bread that I’m going to try.
3. Here are 11 Design Tips for your home that make you feel good.
4. I try to do some type of craft with Aislynn for every holiday. Joann had a big sale last time I went in so I went a little overboard on supplies, so there will be more than a couple of crafts this year. ? One of the things we’ll be making is a cute button heart like this.
5. Besides the girls’ room, one of the projects I’m going to tackle this year is the family room. I’ve been dreaming of a wall of built-in shelving and room for an electric fireplace insert just like this.
That does it for our first installment of That Friday Feeling.
Next week I’m going to be taking a deeper dive into what I’m thinking about for the family room and I’m also planning another freezer cooking post.
Happy Friday and have a fabulous weekend!
This post contains affiliate links.