This post and the photos within it may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Happy Friday! It’s time for spring projects!!
I’m finishing up the painting and trim work in my soon-to-be new media room today. I have some other little odds and ends but I’ll be ready when my delivery from Ikea comes next month.
Then it’s on to the family room. I also have painting and trim work in there plus a whole wall of built-ins to build. I really wanted to get all that done before the new furniture gets here but it’s gonna be close. Yikes!
This past weekend I was moving all the stuff out of the room in preparation for the painting. I realized just how much junk I have accumulated in the almost 7 years I’ve lived here. Wow. Maybe there’s something to be said for minimalism…
So it’s also time for spring cleaning. After taking a look at that junk, I think a purge is also in order this year. I’m always on the lookout for new products and methods for the organization but maybe having less stuff is also part of the solution. I know, right? That’s shocking, earth-shattering, news right there. ?
Anyway, after the inside stuff is done, I have a whole ‘nother to-do list for outside this year. I wonder what it’s like to NOT have a to-do list all the time??
That’s what’s been going on around here. Now on to the good stuff!
- It’s not going to be a theatre-room per se but I wanted some art for the walls that was movie-related. I ordered a bunch of posters from AllPosters.com with an old Hollywood theme. Bogart and Bacall, Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, the Rat Pack, Rita Hayworth, and James Dean. I love this one of Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- I’m honestly going to try to pare down my possessions. I may not be ready to go full-on minimalism yet but in an attempt to get control of the stuff I allow in my home I bought the Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. I’ll be curious to see how it goes.
- For all you Disney lovers out there, have you ever wondered what kind of a domicile your favorite Aladdin characters would have? If the answer was a resounding YES, then Apartment Therapy has you covered!
- How cool is this desk clock that uses words instead of numbers?
- But really, who hasn’t felt like this?
- I’m really digging this reclaimed wood dresser from West Elm.
I have a busy weekend ahead of me! Easter is on Sunday which the girls and I will be spending with family, my big brother is here all the way from California, I’m finishing up the media room, and my house is a complete mid-project wreck!
I hope you have a fabulous weekend, even if Easter isn’t your thing. Make time for new adventures and experiences and time to enjoy it all! That’s advice I surely could take for myself!