This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see our Disclosure page.
Hey guys! Happy Friday! Don’t know ’bout you but I am definitely ready for that Friday feeling this week. Let me tell you, this has been a brutal week. Alex and Aislynn were sick, work sucked, and we saw a return of some winter weather in the form of freezing rain. YUCK, YUCK AND YUCK. And now I want happy things. I want spring things!
I have spring fever in the worst way after writing the February gardening tips post. Last weekend I was busy checking a few things off that list, which felt good. But I was also making plans for other spring projects which felt GREAT. 🙌
I’ve mentioned that I’ll be working on the girls’ room. I plan on getting Aislynn’s help with that as much as possible. She is such a hoot so that should be fun! Other projects I’m going to try to tackle are built-ins and new furniture for the family room, a new deck and maybe a new pool, my bedroom, and turning the upstairs bedroom into a fun little media center/pajama lounge/whatchacallit.
The bonus room will be interesting. It’s been functioning as my closet room for a few years but it’s time for an upgrade. The girls are getting older and it will be a fun place for them to chill and watch movies. And I want a cozy little reading nook. There’s not really a good place for that in this house so that’s on the list of requirements for that space. 🙂 I really haven’t done any major projects since I finished the deck and backyard last year. I’m ready to get back at it!
So that’s what’s been going on…now on to the good stuff!
1. In the midst of a totally crappy week, I saw this video on Twitter and it made my day. This lady is inspiring as hell.
— jo (@joana_zanin10) February 15, 2018
2. Have you heard about Target’s new home line called Opalhouse? From what little I’ve seen, it’s going to be fun and right in line with this year’s return to color. I spy a pineapple lamp?!? The full line will be available on April 8 and I can’t wait! It’s a safe bet that some of it will end up in my one of my renovated rooms this year. Normally I lean towards more neutral and coastal-type colors by I’m craving pops of color right now.
3. This has been another crappy week at work, another in an increasingly long line of crappy weeks. I’ve been having some soul-searching conversations with myself lately about what I want to be when I grow up. This book is on my to-read list. Maybe I’ll get some enlightenment.
4. I came across this beach print on Etsy and I love it. It reminds me of days spent at the beach in California with family! And the days when I could actually wear a bikini. Sigh.
5. Every once in a while I click through the new & interesting finds on Amazon. This jewelry or cosmetic storage box is so cute! It’s a little vintage and a little glam and would look really cute on my makeup table…
6. My Subscription Addiction is awesome! I found this site before Christmas and didn’t have time until this week to dig into it a little more. Every single kind of subscription box you can imagine is on here. I had no idea there were so many! I never really jumped on the subscription box wagon before but I’m thinking about trying out one or two. There are reviews and coupons too!
This post contains affiliate links.