This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see our Disclosure page.
1 day until Thanksgiving! That’s right. In 24 hours your family will be expecting an amazing meal, and when you’re in charge of making it, things can get a little stressful. The only thing that can always be expected from the holidays is something going wrong. From forgetting to pull the turkey out or the bottom of your non-stick pan choosing today to come off in your mashed potatoes, there are many potential disasters. While we hope you all have a wonderful day with your family, here is a last minute checklist of things you might want to stock up on, just in case. There is also a list of stores open to save you from ending up at the local Chinese restaurant if something does go wrong.
Always have a spare!
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B01DISPQJ0′ text=’Meat Thermometer’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’sjnelch-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’19620f55-cfb0-11e7-8351-bd2e63089717′]- This one may sound a little crazy, but we actually had ours break one year!
- Toilet Paper
- Dinner Rolls
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Wrap/Aluminum Foil
- Lighter/Matches for Candles
- [amazon_textlink asin=’B000EFQCKI’ text = ‘Fire Extinguisher’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’sjnelch-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’97969097-cfb0-11e7-9ee3-ff96d6026138′] (just sayin’, safety first 😉 )
Big Lots – 7 a.m. to midnight
CVS Pharmacy – varies by store. Call to confirm
Dollar General – 7 a.m. -10 p.m.
Meijer – 6 a.m. – all day (Ad starting then so probably busy)
- All Fresh Departments close at 3 pm
- Market Grille closes at 2 pm
- Pharmacy closes at 1 pm
- Wine & Spirits closes at 6 pm
- Main Grocery Store open all day
Local Hours may vary. https://www.hy-vee.com/stores/default.aspx
Shop N Save – 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Walmart – Open all day, Black Friday sales start at 6 p.m.
Walgreens – Open regular hours
For more Thanksgiving-related stuff:
For some quick and easy (and cheap!) ideas for decorating your Thanksgiving table, check out this post.
If you’re hosting and need some help with planning, check out this one!
If you need a distraction from all the family togetherness, find a flick from our Thanksgiving movie list here.