This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see our Disclosure page.
Happy Friday! And it’s officially Spring! Woohoo! I have new power tools, a to-do list a mile long, and a 3-day weekend.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out our Disclosures.
This weekend my goal is to get the upstairs media room at least 80% done. And if I’m going to meet that goal I have some Friday DIY projects to knock out. Namely, replacing some drywall, adding some texture to it so it matches the rest of the space, and repainting everything.
It just about kills me to have to add texture back because getting rid of it is probably my least favorite DIY project ever. But after much consideration, I finally decided to add it back because I didn’t want to deal with the work to remove it from the whole space. *Sigh*
I had mentioned a few weeks ago that Aislynn and I were going to see A Wrinkle in Time. Well, we didn’t make it that weekend but we did go last weekend and we loved the movie! I was a little concerned because the reviews I’d seen weren’t great. But Aislynn pretty much summed up it when she asked, “How do those people know what we’ll like?” 😂 Love that kid!
OK, that’s what’s going on around here. Now on to the good stuff!.
- Not every project we undertake as homeowners are fun or glamorous. But there are certain projects that designers say practically pay for themselves. Not surprisingly, kitchens and closets are on top of that list but also simpler things like painting a room or swapping out curtains can get a big bang for your buck. For the full list, check out the article on Elle Decor.
- I LOVE these desktop planter vases from Amazon.
- West Elm is having a major sale RIGHT NOW! Up to 40% off everything in stock, in-store and online!
- Are you guys on Vero? I have an account but haven’t done anything with it yet. It’s probably going to be a matter of setting aside time to figure it out but who has any of that?? I do like that they’re trying to be conscious of how much screen time we’re getting and offer an option to track how much time you’re spending in the app.
- And finally, every media room should have a candy bar, right? This picture is giving me all the heart eyes and some major inspiration for filling my built-ins.
It’s the first official weekend of Spring! If the weather is nice enough where you are, get outside and enjoy that fresh spring air. It looks like it’s going to be a damp and dreary one here so I’m glad I have plenty of indoor activities to keep me busy.
No matter what you have planned, I hope it’s a fabulous weekend for you!